ORONOCO — A fire destroyed a shed in Oronoco Township Tuesday night.
Capt. Scott Behrns of the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office said sheriff's deputies and the Pine Island Fire Department responded to a call concerning a structure fire at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday. When deputies arrived on the scene in the 3300 block of 125th Street Northwest about 2 miles northeast of the city of Oronoco, they found a storage barn fully engaged in fire.
A 65-year-old man told deputies that he had been using a skid loader earlier in the day and that at one point the skid loader was leaking gas.
Behrns said the gas leaked onto some hay, which then caught fire.
The damage caused by the fire was estimated at $75,000. The shed was lost in the fire as well as 100 bales of hay, two livestock poppers and a tractor.