No one injured in fire at Castleview

A small fire at the Salvation Army Castleview Residence at 120 N. Broadway Avenue Tuesday morning forced residents to evacuate and created a mess, according to a firefighter on the scene. The sprinkler system extinguished the fire in a unit on the fourth floor but flooded several neighboring units in the building. Firefighters remained at the scene to aid staff with clean up. No injuries were reported and no damage estimate was released.

A small fire at the Salvation Army Castleview Residence at 120 N. Broadway Avenue Tuesday morning forced residents to evacuate and created a mess, according to a firefighter on the scene.

Firefighters arrived on the scene at about 9:30 a.m. and found smoke and water on the fourth floor. They found the source of the smoke in a fourth-floor apartment where the sprinkler system extinguished a fire but flooded several neighboring units in the building.

Fire crews shut off the sprinkler, ventilated the fourth floor and spent about an hour on scene clearing water from the fourth floor.

The smoke and fire damage was limited to the fourth-floor apartment but the first through fourth floors sustained water damage.

No one was injured in the incident and no damage estimate was released.