Scattered storms are expected today and some could be severe, according to the National Weather Service in La Crosse.
- Scattered thunderstorms will impact the area today. Some of the storms could be severe late this afternoon and evening with damaging winds, large hail, locally heavy rainfall, and an isolated tornado.
- Cloud cover may hinder the severe storm threat by limiting heating and the amount of fuel available for the thunderstorms. Monitor forecasts closely today.
- Main threat area is across northeast Iowa, southeast Minnesota, and southwest Wisconsin (south and west of Interstate 94).
- Periods of heavy rainfall are possible this week and the threat for flooding may increase Wednesday into Thursday.
- Greatest threat time 5 PM to 10 PM.
- High on thunderstorms occurring.
- Medium that they will become severe.