ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Silence to mark Minn. bridge collapse anniversary

Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS — Flags will fly at half-staff and a moment of silence will be held on the two-year anniversary of the Minneapolis bridge collapse.

The offices of Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak announced the touches Thursday for the coming Aug. 1. The moment of silence will be at 6:05 p.m. Saturday.

Pawlenty has proclaimed it "Interstate 35W Bridge Memorial Day."

The mayor’s office said earlier this week that there wouldn’t be an official event for the public, first responders and families of the 13 killed and 145 injured.

ADVERTISEMENT

The collapse of the Mississippi River bridge shed light on aging infrastructure nationwide. Investigators said poor design was to blame.

What To Read Next
Caitlin and Jason Keck’s two-year term on the American Farm Bureau Federation committee begins next month.
The Minnesota Public Utilities Commission met on Jan. 5, 2023, to consider the application for Summit Carbon Solutions.
Qualified Minnesota farmers will receive dollar-for-dollar matching money to purchase farmland.