Some Vikings now cooperating in Arctic Blast probe
MILACA, Minn. (AP) -- Several members of the Minnesota Vikings have agreed in recent days to meet with authorities about two alleged sexual assaults at a team fund-raiser in February.
However, Sheriff Brent Lindgren said Monday that several other Vikings have still refused to be interviewed about the Arctic Blast charity event.
Mille Lacs County Attorney Jan Kolb said she will decide within a week or two whether to pursue charges after two separate sexual assaults were reported in early February at Eddy's Resort near Mille Lacs Lake during the Vikings' Arctic Blast snowmobile event.
Several current and former Vikings players attended the weekend fund-raiser for the team's children's fund.
Kolb's options in each case are to file charges, decline to prosecute or to present the material to a grand jury, which also would allow investigators to contact people who so far have not cooperated with the investigation.
Investigators have not formally named any suspects.