In the late 1800s, C.T. Booth established a woolen mill in Chatfield.
Unfortunately, it burned down and he was unable to obtain financial assistance to rebuild, so he moved to Rochester and established Rochester Woolen Mills in 1897.
Located in north Rochester, it used water power from the Zumbro River to power the machinery. The business was successful, producing at one time 100 blankets per day, a considerable number for the times.
Perhaps Booth tired of the Minnesota winters as he relocated to Georgia in 1899. H.K. Terry from Connecticut assumed management of the business but produced clothing rather than blankets. He, too, succeeded until closing the business in 1903. The mill was located about 100 yards from Cole's grain mill, approximately where the Silver Lake Fire Station is today.