Academic Notebook II
Feb. 25 - Middle and Upper School History Fair (grades 8 and 10), 6:30-8 p.m. Parents invited to view National History Day projects. Winners continue to the Regional History Fair in April.
Feb. 26 - Parent prayer, 7:45 a.m. Senior Class Pizza Day.
Feb. 27 - School tours, open to public, 8:30 a.m. Midquarters have been emailed to parents. Standardized testing for grades 2-9 begins week of March 4.
The following students won awards at the RCTC Regional Science Fair on February 15:
Elle Wilson, grade 9, won the American Meteorological Society's certificate for one of two top awards in the study of atmosphere or ocean, along with the Association for Women Geoscientists' certificate for scientific excellence and a high standard of innovation in the Geosciences, for female students.
Joey Bierbaum, grade 7, won the first place middle school project award for Chemistry, $50 and a trophy, funded by US Bank.
Daniel Peterson, grade 7, won the outstanding middle school project award for Physics, $50 and a trophy, funded by the Rochester Regional Equestrian Center.
Michaela Sanger, grade 7, received an Einstein medal and was nominated for the State Science Fair in April.
SUNSET TERRACE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
• PTA Coupon Book Sale begins today! Sale ends March 21.
• Ms. Renae Tapia, School Public Health Nurse, will present Kindergarten Puppet Shows teaching the importance of safety and hygiene. The nurse will discuss candy versus medicine, poisons, and home safety, as well as, the importance of eating healthy and taking care of our bodies. Presentations are at: 9:30 am Ms. Carlson's class; 10:00 am Ms. Jarvis' class; 1:00 pm Ms. Jarvis' class; 1:30 pm Ms. Strain's class; 2:00 pm Ms. Cummings
• Ms. Blaisdell/Mr. Erlandson's 5th graders visit Quarry Hill 12:40 pm - 3:10 pm
• Ms. Diane Engers, our music teacher, will lead the fifth graders in singing at our all school assemblies at 10:00-10:30 am and 2:30-3:00 pm. These assemblies feature the topic of integrity and being truthful and include singing a patriotic song. Parents, grandparents, and visitors are welcome to join us for the morning or afternoon assembly.
• Rummage sale items may be dropped off after 4:00 pm at the North door, Door #26, for the Wildcat Rummage Sale to be held on Saturday, March 2. NO EARLY DONATIONS ACCEPTED! Please price your clean, quality items and consider staying to help set-up for the sale.
• Wildcat Rummage Sale from 9:00 am– 2:00 pm in the cafeteria. All proceeds will go toward the new playground fund.
VICTORY CHRISTIAN ACADEMY
This week's character awards are:
Grade 1-3:Ashlyn Pope for her diligence
Grade 4-6: Cale Madkour for his compassion
Next week's character trait is: Respect ( I Peter 2:17)