Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Bail set for man accused of stabbing

Unconditional bail is set at $100,000 for a man accused of stabbing another man twice in the back in a Rochester parking lot Tuesday evening.

Authorities say Ahmed Mohamed Roble, 32, of Columbia Heights, Minn., stabbed another man then drove to the Twin Cities and was found at his home, hiding in a closet.

He is charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, felony harassment, felony making terroristic threats and a misdemeanor domestic assault. He was arraigned on the charges Friday in Olmsted District Court. Judge Jodi Williamson set the unconditional bail at $100,000 and conditional bail at  $75,000. Roble returns to court April 29.

Police were called to Olmsted Medical Center hospital emergency room about 8 p.m. Tuesday after the 29-year-old victim and his girlfriend arrived for treatment. The victim had two deep stab wounds under the left shoulder blade, but near the middle of the back, police said. One wound was inches from the spine and the other was three inches from the left lung, the complaint said.

The victim said his girlfriend had picked him up near Silver Lake and they were standing outside her vehicle in the parking lot near the RCTC soccer fields. They said the area was dark and they were the only ones in the parking lot. He said he suddenly felt a sharp pain in the middle of his back, then heard a man say to get away from his wife. The victim said he saw a man standing with a knife in his hand, now yelling at the woman. The victim said he didn't know the suspect and didn't know the man was his girlfriend's ex-husband. The victim told police he backed away and told the woman to get in the vehicle because Roble was walking toward the car while calling her names.  The victim said he saw Roble punch the woman. The victim said he approached Roble to keep him away from the woman, but Roble started swinging the knife at him, so he again backed away.  Roble left after the female locked herself in the car. 


The complaint said the female and the victim then drove to the OMC emergency room. They said Roble followed them in his vehicle and even followed them to the entry doors of the emergency room, but then returned to his car and drove away.

Police put out a teletype alert to other law enforcement agencies. The complaint said Roble was located at his home by Columbia Heights police, hiding in a closet.

What To Read Next
Get Local