Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Christmas fire causes injuries in Long Prairie

LONG PRAIRIE — A firefighter and a family were injured during a Christmas morning fire that severely damaged a Long Prairie house.

Andrew and Jessica Lorentz and their two children, ages 1 and 3, woke up to the smell of smoke and discovered a fire in the kitchen about 6:30 a.m. Saturday.

Family members were treated at a local hospital and released. A firefighter who fell also was treated and released. One cat was rescued, but another died.

Officials say fire and smoke caused severe damage to the house, and the family is staying with relatives and friends. The cause of the fire isn't known yet.

What To Read Next
Get Local