Dodge County Board District 1 candidate: John Allen
Name: John Allen
Residence: Rural Mantorville
Family: Wife, Carol; four children
Education: High school graduate
Occupation: Estimator/project manager for SL Contracting Inc.
Political experience:Served 14 years on Kasson-Mantorville School Board; in sixth year on Dodge County Planning/Zoning Board.
Community involvement:Member of Mantorville Masonic Lodge; board of directors for the Pine Island Creamery.
What are your priorities?
1. Work with department heads to improve operation
2. Less government
3. Funding for infrastructure
1. What impact can the county board have on the expansion of U.S. 14 between Dodge Center and Owatonna?
I'm sure it would help if Dodge County was in favor of the expansion. Hopefully, with the new representation, more pressure will be placed on the DOT to release the funds to finish the job.
2. How has redistricting affected county and statewide races?
I'm not sure this was a positive change for Dodge County as it caused more people to work with and it may be harder to get a consensus.
3. Do you support the four-county collaboration of human services?
The decision on this collaboration seems to still be up in the air; however, if it would help streamline services between the area counties and use each of the counties' strengths to better serve, I would support it.
4. What makes you the best candidate?
I'm a lifetime resident of District 1 and know the people of the area. I truly believe that the people want less government spending and a more productive staff. We need to keep taxes down and show the citizens of Dodge County we can use the money we have responsibly.