Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Family displaced after mobile home fire

A mother and four children were displaced after an early morning fire today, officials said.

Responders were dispatched at 2:15 a.m. to 2315 Park Lane SE, Lot 106, for a report of a mobile home fire.

A smoke detector alerted the residents to a fire in a light fixture in a rear bedroom; a Rochester Police officer who was first on the scene was able to put the fire out with an extinguisher from his squad, said Vance Swisher, deputy chief of the Rochester Fire Department.

Fire crews opened up the ceiling to make sure the fire hadn't spread.

The family, which includes children ages 1 to 8, was displaced for the night. No injuries were reported.


As soon as utilities and natural gas are restored, the home will be habitable, Swisher said.

Reports estimate the damage at $2,000.

What To Read Next
Get Local