Farms open doors for fiber tour Oct. 10-11
WELCH — The fifth annual Sheep and Fiber Farm Tour will be Oct. 10-11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
The self-guided tour will include stops at fiber farms and mills throughout southeastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
Tour stops include:
• Clear Spring Farm, 31139 County 7 Blvd., Welch., is home to Royal and Trim Tibetan Yak. The animals produce fiber similar to cashmere. Telephone: 651-212-8099.
• Berryhill Farm, 49885 County 11 Blvd., Pine Island, raises English Leicester longwools. Telephone: 507-722-1029.
• Rockie Top Acres, 12738 County Road 2, Spring Valley, has Huacaya and Suri alpacas and an array of other animals. Telephone: 507-261-9894.
• English Gardens Fiber Mill and Sheep Farm, 9790 State 76, Caledonia, has a fiber mill, blue-faced Leicester lambs, llamas, alpacas, bunnies and a farm store. Telephone: 507-896-0427.
• Three Sisters Farm and Fiber, 38176 Woodland Hills Drive, Winona, raises alpacas, sheep and Angora rabbits. Telephone: 507-458-5199.
• Vincent Roost Farm, 23329 320th St., Red Wing, raises British White cattle, Berkshire hogs, Katahdin sheep, a yak and hens. Telephone: 651-253-3924.
• Black Cat Farmstead, N3049 Nelson Lane, Stockholm, Wis., raises Icelandic, Shetland and Gotland sheep. Telephone: 715-448-2074.
• Running Dog Ranch, N293 197th St., Stockholm, Wis., features a learning center atop a bluff on a historic Swedish farmstead. Telephone: 651-206-6719.
• Stockholm Alpaca Co., N2116 Twin Bluff Lane, Stockholm, Wis., will have alpaca products available for sale. Telephone: 715-442-2209.