Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Fire damages Stewartville garage

STEWARTVILLE — A fire early today resulted in at least $30,000 damage to the garage of a Stewartville home, officials said.

The call came in about 5:30 a.m. from homeowners in the 700 block of Maplebrook Drive Northeast.

Residents of the home said they were awakened by the barking of their dog, then noticed smoke and found their garage on fire.

Four people and three dogs inside the home all escaped without injury, said Larry Mueller, assistant fire marshal for the Rochester Fire Department.

The flames were confined to the garage, with minimal smoke damage to the house, he said. Vehicles inside the garage were damaged.


The state fire marshal will be on the scene today to determine a possible cause, Mueller said.

Firefighters were on the scene about 90 minutes.

What To Read Next
Get Local