Gas leak is contained
A residential gas meter pipe was found sheared off Tuesday night, prompting a precautionary evacuation of at-risk homes in southeast Rochester. The situation was contained and resolved without further incident, according to a press release from the Rochester Fire Department.
The gas leak was reported to authorities at 10:36 p.m. at 35 Sunnydale Lane. Fire protection was provided for residents, while a hydraulic clamp was used to slow the leak before a "protected" employee of Minnesota Energy arrived to cap the leak.
No one was hurt in the incident and a damage estimate is unknown.
It's unclear if anyone lives in the home, said Larry Mueller, assistant fire marshal. The incident remains under investigation.