Because of consistently low COVID-19 infection positivity rates in the community, Mayo Clinic will start allowing two visitors for each patient during their inpatient and outpatient visits in Rochester
Visitors to the inpatient setting will be able to come and go during visiting hours, which are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Highlights of inpatient visitor changes:
- Two visitors per patient.
- Minimum age of a visitor will be 5 years of age.
- Visitors between the age of 5-17 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Children under 5 will not be permitted to enter unless they are receiving care. Exception requests for children under 5 will be reviewed by the care team and approved by hospital leadership.
- Visitors for the NICU must be 18 years or older, and there can be 2 consistent visitors. Exceptions for the minimum age in the NICU will be reviewed and approved by the care team.
- Visitors may rotate.
Essential safety measures for visitors
Safety remains Mayo Clinic's primary focus. To protect the safety of staff, patients and visitors, Mayo Clinic in Rochester will:
- Continue screening at the doors.
- Require visitors to be masked at all times and comply with social distancing guidelines.
- If a visitor is permitted for a COVID-19 positive patient, the care team will explain to the visitor the risks of contracting COVID-19 and educate the visitor on the appropriate PPE precautions required.