House fire displaces Austin family
AUSTIN — A house fire erupted late Saturday night, displacing several residents.
The Austin Fire Department responded to reports of a house fire at the 611 First Avenue NW. Calls came in at approximately 10:05 p.m. Fire Chief Jim McCoy said that there were reports of smoke coming from a two-story house.
Although there wasn't an exact count of how many people were living at the rental property, McCoy said that the family living there was displaced, and that the American Red Cross was assisting them. The fire caused approximately $45,000 in damages, including contents and structure.
No other surrounding residences were reported to be damaged from the fire.
"The fire was contained to that house," McCoy said. "The state fire marshal is looking into it, and we hope to have a cause soon."
There were no reported injuries from the firefighters or the residents living inside. The fire is still under investigation.