Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

John Adams dispels Facebook bomb scare rumor

False reports of a bomb scare prompted officials at John Adams Middle School to send a message to parents Friday morning.

"Everything is safe here, no bombs, no threats, no students being tazed," Principal La Shawn Ray said a recorded message sent to parents at 10:03 a.m.

Ray said rumors of a bomb threat at the school had been circulating over the past 18 hours. There was never a bomb threat or a bomb on school property, he said.

An e-mail containing the rumor was sent to the Post-Bulletin. The e-mail said that a student had tried to set off pop bottle bomb and got tazed.

The rumor started on Facebook, district spokeswoman Jennifer Pozanc said.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

What To Read Next
Keegan Bronson was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. He's got an uphill battle, but he's too determined to let cancer derail his life.
Southeast Minnesota remains an area of low community transmission of COVID-19, but rates more than doubled in some counties last week, according to CDC data.
PrairieCare mental health experts share tips to recognize, avoid burnout.
Almost a decade after Mayo Clinic purchased it, the fate of the former Lourdes High School complex at 621 W. Center St./19 Sixth Ave. NW remains in limbo.