Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Man accused of kidnapping, assault

Roy Glissendorf

WINONA — A 26-year-old man remains in custody after authorities say he held a woman against her will, assaulted her and threatened to kill her.

Roy Charles Glissendorf, of Winona, made his first appearance Monday in Winona County District Court, where he's been charged with two counts of kidnapping and one count each of false imprisonment, third-degree assault and terroristic threats, all felonies. He also faces one count of gross misdemeanor domestic assault.

The investigation began Sunday, when police were sent to a Winona emergency room. There, they found a woman who was missing a tooth, and had with multiple cuts and scrapes on her face, a large bump on her forehead and a cut on her ear.

The woman said Glissendorf had come to her home while she was asleep and demanded she make him something to eat. When she refused, he got upset, so the woman told him to leave.

The argument moved outside, where the victim reached into Glissendorf's car to get her phone charger. She accidentally touched the side of his face with the cigarette she was holding, and Glissendorf sped off, the report says.


He began calling the woman, demanding his property from the home and allegedly threatening to call the police and file a theft report if she didn't bring it to him. The victim agreed to meet him at a bar, and got into his vehicle to talk.

Glissendorf began driving, reached over and punched the woman in the face, the complaint says, then grabbed her hair and held it as he drove. He reportedly pulled the car over at one point and punched her repeatedly in the face, then began to drive again, still holding her by the hair and periodically slamming her head into the dashboard.

According to court documents, the assault continued as Glissendorf drove into Wisconsin so a biker gang he was affiliated with could "teach her a lesson." He allegedly told her he was "going to dump her body so no one finds it."

Glissendorf eventually drove back to Winona, and told the woman she needed to stay at a motel until her face looked better. The victim said she'd pay for it, but needed her purse from her car. Glissendorf locked her in his car while he looked through her vehicle for the purse, threatening to kill her if she got out, the complaint says.

The woman climbed out the driver's side door and told Glissendorf she'd meet him at the motel; she then drove herself to the emergency room. She reportedly told officers it was the second time Glissendorf had assaulted her, and she thought she was going to die.

Glissendorf's vehicle was found about 1 a.m. Monday. Police found broken pieces of the woman's phone charger and phone in the back seat, as well as dried blood on the passenger side of the center console and what appeared to be a tooth in the driver's seat, documents say.

Glissendorf allegedly told officers he and the woman had argued, and she'd burned him in the eye with a cigarette and tried to choke him. He said he pushed her away, and she wasn't injured when he last saw her. Authorities found a small burn near his eye, but no other marks on his face or neck.

Unconditional bond has been set for $50,000. Glissendorf is due back in court June 18.

What To Read Next
Get Local