Mower County Senior Center: Welcome to Medicare
Medicare covers all the costs for a one-time, comprehensive "Welcome to Medicare" preventive visit during the first 12 months that you have Part B. Learn what the visit includes and how you can take advantage of this benefit.
Join us Tuesday at 2 p.m. to get informed about what Medicare covers at your doctor. Amy S. Bruender, wellness visit coordinator at Mayo Clinic Health System, will be here speaking on this important subject.
The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit includes:
• Developing a personalized prevention plan based on your current health and risk factors.
• Establishing your medical/family history.
• Establishing a list of current providers.
• Measuring height, weight, BMI, and blood pressure.
• Screening of functional ability, memory, gait and balance.
• Setting goals for health and wellness.
Sign up for the presentation at the front desk or call 433-2370 ext 0.
Sara Schafer is executive director of the Mower County Senior Center.