Sponsored By
An organization or individual has paid for the creation of this work but did not approve or review it.



Watermelon patrol in operation in 1961

2010 — One year ago

The Minnesota Historical Society has awarded the Wykoff Area Historical Society and the city of Wykoff a grant of $10,417 to help pay for a historic structure report for Ed’s Museum. Built in 1876 by John Mitchell, the building has been a saloon, brewery, harness shop, barber shop and grocery store. The last owner, Ed Krueger, turned the grocery store into a museum. The report will help identify steps necessary to preserve the building.

1986 — 25 years ago

Lisa Mayo was married to Andrew Mark Nanaa of Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at Calvary Episcopal Church. A reception was held at Mayowood mansion. Lisa is the daughter of Dr. Charles H. and Carolyn Mayo II, and the great-granddaughter of Dr. Charles Mayo.

1961 — 50 years ago


Jane Logan of Rochester and Charlotte Ellis of Elgin received top honors at the National Music Camp at Interlochen, Mich.

The annual Wabasha County Sheriff’s Office's watermelon patrol is operating. The Sand Prairie flats, a well-known watermelon growing area, are being patrolled day and night. So far only one watermelon has been stolen.

What To Read Next
Get Local