As families gather for Thanksgiving, Nickelodeon offers a silly treat with intergenerational appeal. Former “Kenan & Kel” stars Kel Mitchell and Kenan Thompson return to Nick for a repeat match on a special episode of “Double Dare” (7 p.m., TV-G).
Actress and digital star Liza Koshy serves as host, with original host Marc Summers along for color commentary. Look for Lori Beth Denberg (“All That”) as well.
Aimed at kids, the green slime-centric obstacle course game show has been around long enough to have entertained many of today’s parents. “Double Dare” premiered Oct. 6, 1986. Summers hosted the series’ original run until it went off the air in 1993. At the time, it was one of the most popular original daily programs on cable television.
- Proof not every bird is a butterball arrives on “NOVA” (8 p.m., PBS, check local listings). If asked to bet on the world’s fastest animal, many might suggest some swift jungle cat. But the prize goes to the peregrine falcon, capable of diving at about 200 mph — about three times the speed of a sprinting cheetah.
“NOVA” explores how the falcon was driven to near extinction by the use of the DDT pesticide but since has flourished on every continent.
TONIGHT’S HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHTS
- The gang breaks bread at Charlie Brown’s ping-pong table on the 1973 special “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” (7 p.m., ABC, TV-G).
- Facing the holidays for the first time without the grandmother who passed down her traditions, a woman finds a special someone in the 2018 romance “Reunited at Christmas” (7 p.m., Hallmark, TV-G).
- An overscheduled San Francisco executive inherits a cozy hotel in Alaska in the 2018 fantasy “My Christmas Inn” (7 p.m., Lifetime, TV-PG). Otherwise known as “Lifetime Tries to Out-Hallmark Hallmark.”
- “A Saturday Night Live Thanksgiving” (8 p.m., NBC, TV-14) presents original sketches as well as vintage clips.
- A struggling flower shop owner falls for a rival florist in the 2018 holiday romance “A Christmas Arrangement” (9:03 p.m., Lifetime, TV-14).