Every senator who protects the filibuster is helping create a less divided, more unified country, while also protecting the minority from tyranny by the majority.

In a country as large and diverse as the United States, 51% of the people should not be allowed to dictate to the other 49% 100% of the time. And just as it did in the 20th century when broad ranging Civil Rights Legislation was passed, the filibuster helps assure stronger laws with more widespread acceptance and appeal.

Jim Carper, Rochester

Newsletter signup for email alerts