• Quarterback Malachi Bunke passed for 314 yards and six touchdowns as Rushford-Peterson blasted Cotter 58-12. Bunke was 13-for-23 passing. Alex Ronnenberg had three receptions for 146 yards and two touchdowns. Kobe Lind had 116 yards receiving (six receptions) and three touchdowns.
• Mayo quarterback Bennett Ellsworth was sizzling in a 48-23 win over Mankato East. The junior passed for 234 yards and five touchdowns. He completed a crisp 13 of 18 passes. Tore Pappenfus had two catches, both of them for touchdowns. Mayo led 35-8 at halftime.
• Senior quarterback Nathan Eberhart threw two touchdowns passes and ran for another score as Century toppled Northfield 34-17. After Northfield cut the gap to 27-17 in the fourth quarter, Century senior linebacker Brian Pautz returned an onside kick 45 yards for the clinching TD with 5:34 to play.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Red Wing got off to a nice start but couldn’t hold it as it lost to Mankato East 3-1. Abi Deming had 18 kills, 18 digs and 2 blocks to lead Red Wing. Hallie Roschen had 33 assists, 12 digs and 2 aces, and Kennedy Knopp had 10 kills and 14 digs.
HIAWATHA VALLEY LEAGUE
• What figured to be a tense showdown never materialized that way as Kasson-Mantorville blasted fellow Hiawatha Valley League power Cannon Falls 25-16, 25-13, 25-19. K-M is now 5-1 in the HVL and 5-2 overall. The Bombers are 6-2, 6-2. K-M rode balance to the win, with four different players with at least six kills. Noelle VanOort had 7 kills, 6 digs and 3 aces. Anna Braun had 13 assists. Makayla Bowen was high for the Bombers with 6 kills and 12 digs.
• Josi Quam had 26 assists, 6 digs and 4 kills in Kenyon-Wanamingo’s sweep of Triton. Tessa Erlandon added 14 kills, 5 digs and 2 aces.
THREE RIVERS CONFERENCE
• Fillmore Central overwhelmed La Crescent and got 20 digs and 2 aces from Hope Sexton along the way. Lauren Mensink added 23 assists, 7 digs, 2 kills and 2 aces, Maddie Krage 17 kills and KJ Corson 22 digs.
• Plainview-Elgin-Millville stayed hot with an impressive 25-13, 25-20, 25-23 win over Cotter, which slipped to 3-2. PEM is 7-2 overall. Abby Hinrichs had 25 assists, 5 kills and 2 blocks for the Bulldogs. Alyx Doughty had 12 kills and 2 blocks and Teagan Hansen had 20 digs and nine kills. Cotter was paced by Kelly Hadaway’s 19 kills.
• Chatfield got off to a slow start, but the Gophers rallied quickly to defeat Caledonia in five sets. Sydney Allen notched 38 assists and 17 digs. Zayda Priebe was a problem for Caledonia with 14 kills, four blocks and four aces. Abi Hinckley 19 digs. Paige Erickson chipped in nine kills, three blocks and two aces for Chatfield too.
• Ella Cambern had 24 assists and Malia Tessum had 19 digs and three assists in Lanesboro’s 3-0 win over Houston. Emma Geiwitz had 19 kills 2 blocks and 3 aces for Houston.
• Kingsland had just enough to outlast Southland, winning 29-27, 17-25, 19-25, 25-20, 15-13. Ellie Buchholtz had a monster night with 30 kills and a pair of aces for the Knights. Alyssa Link dished up 40 assists. Bailey Johnson had 22 kills for Southland and Larissa Goslee 38 assists and 17 digs. Kylie Kiefer had 30 digs.
• Kenidi McCabe dominated with 18 kills, 12 assists and 9 digs in Mabel-Canton’s 3-0 win over Randolph.
• Anna Welsh finished with 37 assists, 3 kills, 8 digs and an ace in LeRoy-Ostrander’s 3-0 dispatching of Glenville-Emmons. Kauden Schultz had 17 digs and 5 kills and Gracie O’Bryne 24 digs.
• Hayfield’s Jenna Jacobsen had 11 kills, 11 assists and 15 digs, but Bethlehem Academy still prevailed 3-0. Maryx Young added 3 kills, 24 assists and 13 digs.
• Blooming Prairie's Anna Kittelson and Emily Miller both had five kills but it wasn't enough as Medford swept the Awesome Blossoms.