Another solid season for Austin runner
Haley Splinter • Austin Packers • Cross Country
• Splinter, a sophomore runner for the Packers girls cross country team, qualified for her second straight Class AA State Meet to cap off the recently completed season.
• Along with teammate and fellow state qualifier Madison Overby, finished in the top 10 at the Section 1AA Meet two weeks ago at Brooktree Golf Course in Owatonna. Splinter had the second fastest time of her career.
• Made it to state despite running at the section meet on a badly sprained ankle. However, she suffered a cramp in her leg going up a hill at the St. Olaf College course and that injury ultimately sidelined her chances at state.
• Placed third in the Big Nine Conference Meet, which was also held at Brooktree. Ran a personal best time of 15:14.7 in the conference meet and beat her old mark by 15 seconds.
• Had strong showings in both of the home meets hosted by the Packers boys and girls at the River Oaks Golf Course. Started out the season with an eighth-place finish individually and that helped the girls team to a third-place finish in the first home meet.
• Closed out the home schedule with another solid performance on Oct. 12 at the golf course just north of Austin. Ran to a third-place finish individually in the final home meet of the season.