Auto racing: No Angst — Winona driver takes top prizes at Chateau
LANSING — If this was the end for Josh Angst's 2018 season, the USRA Modifieds driver from Winona went out on an incredibly high note.
Angst not only won the A Main on Saturday at Chateau Speedway's season-ending Autumn Extravaganza, but he also captured the top prize money in the Extravaganza fund in the Modifieds division.
Angst finished third in the A Main on Friday, the opening night of the Extravaganza, and he came from a Row 3 starting spot on Saturday to earn the victory. New Richland's Jason Cummins finished second in Saturday's feature, while Adam Hensel finished as the runner-up in the overall Modifieds points fund.
Ryan Wetzstein of West Concord won Friday's feature and finished third in the points fund.
• Track champion Kadden Kath of Owatonna continued his successful ways at Chateau by picking up his fourth feature win of the year at the track, as well as capturing the overall weekend points victory.
• Brady Krohnberg of Walters had a big weekend in the Pure Stocks division, winning the feature race both nights and taking the top spot in the Extravaganza points fund in the division.
• In the Wissota Street Stocks class, Danny Richards from Mondovi, Wis., won Saturday's feature race and finished second in the weekend points standings behind Austin's Jason Newkirk, who won Friday's feature race.
• Eric Lamm, of Zimmerman, raced just one night at the Autumn Extravaganza, but he made it count. Lamm captured the A Main on Saturday in the Wissota Midwest Modifieds class, in his first trip to the track. Dan Wheeler won the overall points for the weekend with a pair of top-five finishes in the features.
• Track champion Nathan Kilwine of Glenville won the Outlaw Mini Mods feature on Saturday, while Taton Hanson from Spicer won the points fund.
• Prior Lake's Aaron Reimers took the checkers in the Hornets feature on Saturday and doubled up by winning the Extravaganza points title for the weekend in his division.
A Main— 1. Josh Angst (Winona), 2. Jason Cummins (New Richland), 3. Adam Hensel (Baldwin, Wis.), 4. Dustin Brown (Thornton, Iowa), 5. Darwin Karau (Kasson).
Heat winners— Cummins, Mark Motl.
WISSOTA MIDWEST MODIFIEDS
A Main— 1. Eric Lamm (Zimmerman), 2. Shane Howell (Buffalo), 3. Don Schaefer (Eyota), 4. Dan Wheeler (Savage), 5. Cory Asmussen (Waseca).
Heat winners— Schaefer, Drew Williams, Howell.
A Main— 1. Aaron Reimers (Prior Lake), 2. Brian Adams (Shakopee), 3. Jeremiah Anderson (La Crosse, Wis.), 4. Andy Knutson (Rochester), 5. TJ Pearson (Prior Lake).
Heat winners— Anderson, Seth Scholl.
A Main — 1. Brady Krohnberg (Walters), 2. Jesse Stahl (Austin), 3. Tony Shaner (Owatonna), 4. Jack Maas (Faribault), 5. Beau Stevens (Albert Lea).
Heat winner— Krohnberg.
WISSOTA STREET STOCKS
A Main— 1. Danny Richards (Mondovia, Wis.), 2. Braden Brauer (Rochester), 3. Jason Newkirk (Austin), 4. Travis Loew (Barron, Wis.), 5. Stacy Krohnberg (Walters).
Heat winners— Newkirk, Richards.
USRA B MODIFIEDS
A Main— 1. Kadden Kath (Owatonna), 2. Matthew Brooks (Austin), 3. Cole Suckow (Cresco, Iowa), 4. Jim Chisholm (Osage, Iowa), 5. Dustin Kruse (Brandon, S.D.).
Heat winners— Zach Elward, Nate Whitehurst, Kruse.
OUTLAW MINI MODS
A Main— 1. Nathan Kilwine (Glenville), 2. Kelly Steele (International Falls), 3. Taton Hansen (Spicer), 4. Blake Ferris, 5. Scott Johnson (Owatonna).
Heat winners— Ruhloe, Steele, Ferris.