Heroes, highlights and results from Friday's southeastern Minnesota high school football action:
• LeRoy-Ostrander, the No. 2-ranked team in the state in Nine-Man football, held off Lanesboro for a 20-12 homecoming victory. The score was tied 6-6 going into the fourth quarter, before the Cardinals pulled out the win to improve to 7-0. Chase Johnson passed for 36 yards and ran for 139 in the win, while Carter Johnson ran for 132 yards and three touchdowns.
• Trenton Matthies scored with just more than six minutes to go to give No. 8-ranked Cannon Falls its first lead of the game. Rochester Lourdes then drove into Bombers' territory with just more than two minutes to go, but Cannon Falls' defense stiffened and held on for a 12-7 win.
• John Marshall's Homecoming king, Braden Black, played like a king in the Rockets' 35-0 win over Faribault. The running back/linebacker had 105 yards rushing, three touchdowns and picked off a pass. JM's defense was solid all the way around, allowing Faribault just 105 yards of total offense. It was JM's third win in its last four games. It hosts No. 1 Owatonna on Wednesday.
• Isaiah Huber rushed for 135 yards and three touchdowns and also caught a TD pass as Century improved to 5-2 with a 34-13 win over Byron. Jack Fisher had a stellar all-around game for Century as he caught five passes for 120 yards and a TD and also intercepted a pair of passes on defense. Austin Freerksen rushed for 95 yards and a TD for Byron.
• The Chatfield defense limited St. Charles to 123 yards of offense and pushed the Gophers to a 7-0 win. Chatfield's defense has allowed just six points in its last three games.
• Calven Voxland ran for 150 yards and Willie Holm III for 131 as Zumbrota-Mazeppa beat Dover-Eyota 52-27.
• Dusty Copley ran for 158 yards and two touchdowns for Grand Meadow in a 39-6 victory against Mabel-Canton. Evan Oehlke also had a big game for the Superlarks, rushing for 70 yards and two touchdowns, and passing for 112 yards. Gavin Johnson ran for 157 yards for Mabel-Canton.
• Josh Buri rushed for 250 yards and tied a state record with a 99-yard touchdown run as Stewartville crushed Lake City 61-0. Buri had three rushing TDs and also caught a 15-yard touchdown pass.
• Maddox O'Reilly rushed for 128 yards and one touchdown as Goodhue slipped past Randolph 12-6 in a defensive tussle.
• Winona quarterback Jackson Nibbelink accounted for all five of his team's touchdowns as the Winhawks crushed Mayo 35-0. He rushed for two scores and threw three TD passes as the Winhawks piled up 345 yards of offense while holding Mayo to just 176.
• Caledonia's Noah King had an interesting night against Pine Island. He threw a touchdown pass, ran for a touchdown, returned an interception 93 yards for a touchdown and also recovered a fumble as the undefeated Warriors cruised to a 34-0 win.
• Kasson-Mantorville continues to prove itself, only this time in a loss. The KoMets fell 37-27 to No. 10 Class AAAAA-ranked Mankato West. K-M led 14-13 at intermission before West’s running attack took off.
• Kenyon-Wanamingo's Bray Olson created a Medford turnover with a big hit covering a punt. The Knights recovered at the Medford 4-yard line and then two plays later punched the ball in from the 2 in K-W’s 14-0 win.
• Lewiston-Altura stayed unbeaten as it topped Hayfield 33-18. Cole Mundt led the way with 180 yards rushing on 20 carries, with four touchdowns.
• Nick Boe rushed for 145 yards and three touchdowns as Southland improved to 6-1 with a 45-12 win over Kingsland.
• Blooming Prairie quarterback Kaden Thomas threw for 165 yards and four touchdowns as Blooming Prairie routed Faribault Bethlehem Academy 48-6. Alex Baldwin had two touchdown catches.
BIG SOUTHEAST DISTRICT
Rochester John Marshall 35, Faribault 0
Winona 35, Rochester Mayo 0
Rochester Century 34, Byron 13
Mankato West 37, Kasson-Mantorville 27
Northfield 24, Austin 7
Owatonna 44, Mankato East 0
New Prague 32, Albert Lea 6
Kingsford (Mich.) 41, Red Wing 6
Cannon Falls 12, Rochester Lourdes 7
Stewartville 61, Lake City 0
Caledonia 34, Pine Island 0
Chatfield 7, St. Charles 0
Zumbrota-Mazeppa 52, Dover-Eyota 27
Triton 35, Plainview-Elgin-Millville 14
Rochester Century 34, Byron 13
Rushford-Peterson 32, Fillmore Central 14
Kenyon-Wanamingo 14, Medford 0
Goodhue 12, Randolph 6
Lewiston-Altura 33, Hayfield 18
Wabasha-Kellogg 40, Winona Cotter 6
Blooming Prairie 48, Faribault B.A. 6
LeRoy-Ostrander 20, Lanesboro 12
Grand Meadow 39, Mabel-Canton 6
Southland 47, Kingsland 12
Spring Grove 20, Lyle/Pacelli 14
Houston 38, Madelia 28
Results of all of Friday's southeastern Minnesota high school football games can be found at PostBulletin.com/sports/high_school/football