• Teyghan Hovland scored 19 points and Austin beat Century 62-58 in the season opener for both teams. The game was tied at 26 at halftime. Stephen Olander led the Panthers with 19 points and hit four 3-pointers. Century struggled to hit shots most of the game.
• Ethan Slaathaug scored 24 points and Patrick Towey added 22 as Hayfield held off Randolph for a 66-60 victory. Randolph rallied from 12 points down to tie the score 51-51, but Slaathaug converted a three-point play and Towey made a layup to put the Vikings up for good.
• Stewartville's Will Tschetter out-dueled St. Charles' Kooper Vaughn and Tschetter's Tigers came out on top in a non-conference boys basketball game, 83-68. Tschetter had 34 points and 15 rebounds in Stewartville's season opener, while Nolan Stier added 24 points. Vaughn led the Saints with 30 points, including four 3-pointers.
• Jace Bigelow scored 32 points in Kasson-Mantorville's 72-66 loss to Hastings.
• Rochester John Marshall was edged on the road, 63-53, against a tough New Prague team. Lilly Meister scored 21 points to lead the Rockets (1-1 overall), while Tori Gateno and Katie Hurt had 11 points each. JM has three games this week, starting with Tuesday's game against Rochester Mayo.
• La Crescent scored on a putback as time ran out to beat Pine Island 59-57 in a non-conference game. Sadie Treptow and Kelly McQuin had 16 points each for La Crescent. Megan Gerhart led Pine Island with 14 points and Krista Holzer had nine rebounds.
• Rochester Century scored four power-play goals as it earned its seventh consecutive victory against rival Rochester Mayo with a 7-2 win at Graham Arena I in the 60th-ever meeting of the teams. The Panthers lead the all-time series 33-25-2 and have allowed just three total goals during their seven-game winning streak against Mayo. Joey Malugani and Connor Olson scored twice for the Panthers, while Lyncoln Bielenberg-Howarth, Owen MacDonald and Ty Trageser scored once each. Will Weick and Caleb Beavers scored for Mayo.
• Teejay Torgrimson scored twice and Carson Arthur stopped all 25 shots he faced as Rochester John Marshall earned its first win of the season, 3-0 against Southwest Christian/Richfield. Sam Eagen also scored for JM, which improved to 1-1-0.
• Brody Lamb had his breakout game Saturday. The Dodge County sophomore forward -- in his third varsity game -- scored six goals as the Wildcats beat defending Section 1A champion Minnesota River 7-5 at the Turkey Trot tournament in Inver Grove Heights. Lamb scored the first four goals of the game and helped the Wildcats hold off Minnesota River's push back from a 4-0 deficit. Cade Spreiter also scored for Dodge County.
• Taite Luhman had a goal and five assists, and Gavin Lampe scored four goals and added two assists as Red Wing rolled to a 15-3 Big Nine Conference victory at Austin. Garett Schaefer had all three of Austin's goals.
• Griffin Becher made 48 saves, but Rochester Lourdes fell to Hutchinson 7-0 at Graham Arena I. Austin Jozwick had four goals for Hutchinson, including a natural hat trick, as he scored four consecutive goals in the second period, in a span of 8 minutes, 22 seconds.
• Ashur Rouleau had a short-handed goal and an assist, and Ryan Booth made 25 saves as La Crescent-Hokah played to a 3-3 tie with La Crosse (Wis.) Aquinas/Holmen. Reid Haffner and Owen Johnson also scored for the Lancers.
• Sky Hughes recorded a 25-save shutout as Dodge County beat Owatonna 3-0. Kennedy Kraus scored twice for the Wildcats and Malia Schubert added one goal.
• Kate Holtz scored with 3:30 remaining to lift Austin past Rochester John Marshall 3-2. A.J. Barrera and Jordyn McCormack also scored for Austin, while Alyssa Kang and Ashley Koehler scored for the Rockets. Kinsey Torgrimson also had two assists for JM.
• Chatfield swept three dual meets to win the Rochester Duals on Saturday at John Marshall High School. The Gophers beat Century 69-9, Mayo 39-35 and John Marshall 66-18. JM and Mayo both finished 2-1, while Century was 0-3. Pine Island and Stewartville both finished 1-2.
• Pine Island won the Austin Winter Warmup meet on Saturday, sweeping all four events to win the overall by more than seven points. The Panthers had 138.700 points, while runner-up New Ulm had 131.400. Austin placed third, followed by Century, Mayo, Stewartville, Kasson-Mantorville/Triton, Faribault and Rochester John Marshall. Century's Maddie Habberstad finished fifth on bars and Lauren Pavelko placed fifth in the all-around. Mayo's Molly Soderberg placed fifth on the vault.
• • •
Austin 62, Century 58
Hayfield 66, Randolph 60
Stewartville 83, St. Charles 68
Hastings 72, Kasson-Mantorville 66
New Prague 63, Rochester John Marshall 53
La Crescent 59, Pine Island 57
Big Nine Conference
Rochester Century 7, Rochester Mayo 2
Red Wing 15, Austin 3
Hutchinson 7, Rochester Lourdes 0
Rochester John Marshall 3, Southwest Christian 0
Dodge County 7, Minnesota River 5
La Crescent-Hokah 3, La Crosse Aquinas 3
Big Nine Conference
Austin 3, Rochester John Marshall 2
Dodge County 3, Owatonna 0
Rochester Mayo def. Stewartville 72-10
Rochester JM def. Pine Island 60-21
Chatfield def. Rochester Century 69-9
Chatfield def. Rochester Mayo 39-35
Rochester JM def. Stewartville 42-38
Pine Island def. Rochester Century 39-28
Rochester Mayo def. Pine Island 66-12
Chatfield def. Rochester JM 66-18
Stewartville def. Rochester Century 45-24
For all of Saturday's high school box scores and results, visit PostBulletin.com/sports