High school highlights for Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022
Top performances for area high school players.
SECTION 1AAAA QUARTERFINALS
• Madison Meyer had a team-best 9 kills, as well as 10 digs and 1 ace serve as Rochester Mayo came at rival Century from all angles in a 3-0 sweep of their quarterfinal playoff match. Mayo won 25-20, 25-20, 25-22. Hannah Hanson added 7 kills, 21 assists and 4 digs, while Jadyn Lester recorded 8 kills, 8 assists, 16 digs and 2 aces. Century was paced by Megan Lund, who had 21 assists; Kaitlyn Meincke, with 17 digs; and Paige Decker, with 14 kills.
• John Marshall was led by three players with four kills each in a 3-0 loss to Northfield in a Section 1AAAA quarterfinal match Wednesday. Bailey Glandon (4 kills, 15 assists, 5 digs); Addyson Timpane (4 kills, 2 digs) and Elena Reitveld led the Rockets, who finished 8-14 overall.
SECTION 1AAA QUARTERFINALS
• Ella Babcock had 18 kills and three blocks to lead top-seeded Kasson-Mantorville to a convincing 3-0 sweep against eighth-seeded Austin. Whitney Deno added 10 kills, 11 digs and an ace for K-M, while Abby Distad had 40 assists.
• Arianna Blohm led a deep Stewartville offense with 18 kills, 11 digs, 4 blocks and 2 ace serves as the second-seeded Tigers beat seventh-seeded Winona 3-1 (25-15, 25-17, 20-25, 26-24). Erica Lamb added eight kills, while Emily Lamb had six kills and 15 digs. Kaylee Lehrmann finished with 19 assists and 10 digs for the Tigers.
• Third-seeded Byron swept visiting Albert Lea, the No. 6 seed, 3-0, in Wednesday's section quarterfinals. No stats were reported from the match. Byron will play at Stewartville on Tuesday in the section semifinals.
• Kennedy Knopp had 11 kills, 5 aces serves and 12 digs in fifth-seeded Red Wing's 3-0 loss to fourth-seeded Faribault. The Falcons won 25-17, 25-23, 25-27.