High school highlights for Monday, Jan. 30, 2023
Monday's top performances by area high school players.
• Jaxon Strinmoen scored 21points while Tysen Grinde chipped in with 15 as Spring Grove, 11-0 in SEC play, eased its way past LeRoy-Ostrander 81-27.
• Noah Bjerke-Wieser scored 17 points and Todd Carter added 14 as La Crescent-Hokah went on a 37-18 run in the second half to rally past Lourdes 58-48. Parker Dunham led Lourdes with a game-high 19 points and he hit a trio of 3-pointers.
• Jayce Kiehne poured in 30 points and Dillon O’Connor added 17 as Fillmore Central rolled past Randolph 85-56. Quinn Sabila led Randolph with 13 points and JJ Root added 12.
• Tyler Connelly scored 20 points, Max Dearborn had 16 and Zach Vanderpool added 15 as Byron nipped Winona 74-73. The host Bears rallied from a 41-32 deficit at the half. Bryan Cassellius, who drained six 3-pointers, and Mason Langowski both scored 22 points for Winona.
• Aiden Johnson tallied 20 points, Tyler Johnston collected 17 and Dylan Banks chipped in 15 to lead Cannon Falls to an 87-62 victory over Lewiston-Altura. Cole Kreidermacher led the Cardinals with 17 points.
• Luke Gardner pumped in 34 points to lead Winona Cotter past Dover-Eyota 67-59. Mavrick Sobczak led D-E with 14 points and Levi Williams added 12.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Sami Chandler scored 24 points, including making five 3-pointers, as Red Wing handed Mayo its first conference loss of the season, 62-45. The Wingers made 10 3-pointers in the game. Ava Miller led the Spartans with 17 points.
HIAWATHA VALLEY LEAGUE
• Kasson-Mantorville pulled away in the second half to beat Zumbrota-Mazeppa 71-55. Keigan Cummings led K-M with 16 points, while Makenzie Carrier added 15 and Kaylee Narveson scored 14. Z-M was led by Torey Stencel, who scored a game-high 17 points, and Natalie Dykes with 14.
• Grand Meadow's Lexy Foster scored a game-best 17 points and 11 rebounds, including making three 3-pointers, as the Superlarks beat Houston 60-35. Lauren Queensland added 12 points and 10 rebounds. Avery Kingsley led Houston with 13 points.
• Lydia Solum and Kylie Hammel led a balanced Spring Grove offense with 13 points each as the Lions beat LeRoy-Ostrander 55-27. Jordan Runde led L-O with 13 points.
• Kaci Ruen had a huge night for Lanesboro, scoring 30 of her team's 77 points as the Burros beat Southland 77-51. Jensyn Storhoff added 18 points for the Burros, while Greeley Galle led Southland with 15.
• Emily Bowron led Lourdes with 16 points and Vivica Bretton added 12 in a 57-22 victory over La Crescent-Hokah. The Eagles (16-3) have held an opponent to 30 points or less eight times this season. Molly Bills had 13 points for the Lancers.
• Tayler Helgemoe scored a team-high 19 points as Rushford-Peterson downed Mabel-Canton 69-33. Kaylee Ruberg added 14 points for R-P in the win. M-C's Kinley Soiney scored a game-high 20 points.
• Goodhue built a 22-point halftime lead en route to an 81-48 win against Plainview-Elgin-Millville. Elisabeth Gadient had a big night, scoring a game-high 29 points in the win. Tori Miller scored 20 points for the Wildcats. P-E-M's Abigail O'Reilly matched Gadient for game-high honors with 29 points.
• Cannon Falls edged Lewiston-Altura 57-51 behind four players in double figures. Kyra Schoenfelder led the Bombers with 15 points. L-A's Kylie Verthein scored a game-high 18 points.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Former Rochester Grizzlies' defenseman Joseph Yoon scored two goals and added five assists for a huge seven-point game as Albert Lea beat Austin 8-1. Tim Chalmers had four points (two goals, two assists) for the Tigers and Eli Farris added a hat trick. Isaac Stromlund scored for Austin.
• Wyatt Farrell scored twice and had two assists as La Crescent-Hokah beat Black River Falls (Wis.) 7-1. Collin Morken made 24 saves in the win.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Aliya Gricius made 40 saves and her teammates scored three times in the second period as Winona held off Red Wing 3-2. Asta Griggs scored the game-winning goal and added an assist in the win.