High school highlights for Saturday, Dec. 3, 2022
Top performances for area high school players.
• Jack Lang sunk five 3-pointers on his way to a game-high 15 points as Austin beat Byron 73-51.
• Randolph used a game-high 22 points from Trey Thielbar to get past Rushford-Peterson 61-52. Dawson Bunke led the Trojans with 15 points.
• Ole Fevold scored two goals and assisted on three others in John Marshall's 7-2 victory against St. Paul Johnson. Mason Decker scored twice for JM, while Camden Williams (one goal, one assist); Brock Clarey (two assists) and Cody Ahlstrom (two assists) had multi-point games.
• Jackson Roethler made 31 saves as Dodge County beat La Crescent-Hokah 4-1. Brett Ludvigsen had two goals and two assists for the Wildcats, while Fischer Paulson and Riley Freiderich had a goal and an assist each.
• Peyton Loeslie had a goal and an assist for Lourdes, but the Eagles fell 5-2 at St. Paul Highland Park. Xander Carter-Kleven made 22 saves in defeat.
• Ellis Petersmeyer made 32 saves for Red Wing, but the Wingers fell to Simley 5-2.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Fiona Barry scored two goals and had one assist to lift Century/JM past Red Wing 5-4. Barry scored the game-winning goal with just 1:50 remaining in the third period. Abigail Conners made 26 saves in the win. Tatum Zylka led Red Wing with a goal and two assists.
• Alivia Haakenson made 32 saves for Mayo, but the Spartans lost at Albert Lea 8-0. Morgan Goskeson had a hat trick and an assist for Albert Lea.
ICE BREAKER DUALS (at St. Charles High School)
• Byrndon Koeppel, Aidan Olson and Tytan Small all picked up pins as St. Charles beat Stewartville 42-28.
• Kellen Burger, Ethan Burger, Lucas Peterson, Ethan Peper and Dylan Loomis all recorded pins to help Mayo defeat St. Charles 39-37.
LAKEVILLE NORTH INVITE
• Chatfield's Javier Berg won the 106-pound weight class, going a perfect 4-0 with three pins. He won the championship by a 7-1 decision over Rosemount's Liam Anderson.
DAN GABLE DONNYBROOK INVITE
• Kasson-Mantorville senior Cole Glazier placed first in the 170-lb weight class at the prestigious tournament in Coralville, Iowa.
BYRON JEANNE HARRIS INVITE
• Amber Roble (35.2), Lydia Evans (34.65) and Sophia Mullenbach (34.2) finished one, two and three in the all-around to help Byron win the the Jeanne Harris Invite. Roble won the vault (9.3) and the uneven bars (8.4), while Evans placed first on the balance beam (8.7) and Mullenbach first on the floor exercise (8.9).