High school highlights for Saturday, Nov. 26, 2022
Top performances for area high school players.
• Cody Vlasaty made 46 saves, while Peyton Eckhoff and Damon Miller scored their first varsity goals in John Marshall’s 5-4 win against La Crescent-Hokah. Wyatt Farrell scored twice for the Lancers, while Jan Bla’ha had a goal and an assist.
• Gryffon Funke had a hat trick and two assists, while four other Dodge County players had multi-point games in the Wildcats’ 9-1 win against Northern Edge at the Simley Spartans Turkey Tourney in Inver Grove Heights. Jackson Roethler made 11 saves to get the win, while Jeremiah Peterson-Gordon (1 goal, 1 assist) and Dylan Klomps (2 goals) scored their first varsity goals.
• T.J. Gibson scored twice and Aiden Emerich added three assists, but Century dropped a close 5-4 overtime decision against Roseville at Graham Arena IV. Carter Nelson made 29 saves for the Panthers. Kroix Klingfus (1 goal, 1 assist) also had a multi-point game for Century.
• Nick Weick made 32 saves, but Mayo fell to Chanhassen 7-0 on the final day of the Tonka Turkey Tourney in Minnetonka.
• Ida Huber made 12 saves to record her second shutout of the season and Hannah Peterson scored her first varsity goal as Dodge County beat Waconia 6-0 in the championship game of the Marshall Thanksgiving Classic. Mollie Koch had a goal and three assists in the win, while Maysie Koch had two goals and an assist for No. 5-ranked Dodge County, which improved to 5-0-0 this season and has allowed just six total goals.
• Aliya Gricius made 28 saves and Avery Engbrecht scored, but Winona fell to visiting Viroqua (Wis.) 2-1 in overtime.
• Kaci Ruin poured in 26 points and Jensyn Storhoff added 14 as Lanesboro defeated St. Charles 64-48. Lauryn Delger led St. Charles with 18 points.
• Torey Stencel hit a trio of 3-pointers and had 12 points as Zumbrota-Mazeppa defeated Houston 39-26 in the Dover-Eyota Invitational. Sydney Torgerson tallied 16 points for Houston.
• Izzy Aeschlimann led a balanced attack with 11 points and three other Dover-Eyota players added 10 points as the host Eagles rolled past Minneapolis North 63-25 in the Dover-Eyota Invitational.
• Kinlee Grattan had 15 points, Molly Bills 14 with four 3-pointers and Cali Esser had 13 points in La Crescent-Hokah’s 63-50 win over Pine Island. Paxyn Rendahl was a perfect 8-for-8 from the free-throw line for Pine Island and scored 17 points.