High school highlights for Saturday, Sept. 10, 2022
Top performances for area high school players.
• Beau Wiersma rushed for 142 yards, including a 76-yard touchdown, while quarterback Kaaleem Reiland ran for 67 yards and a pair of touchdowns as Kingsland toppled Houston 36-8.
• David Carter made six saves and three different John Marshall players scored goals in a 3-1 victory over Stewartville.
• Tony Dunn needed to make just two saves for the shutout and Mayo used a balanced attack to blank Farmington 4-0. Four different players scored goals for the Spartans.
• Haili Mattson and Ayana Robinson scored two goals each as John Marshall defeated Stewartville 4-1.
• Amelia Gossman scored for the fifth straight game for Lourdes and senior defender, Grace Buntrock tallied her first career goal on a breakaway as the Eagles blanked Fairmont 4-0. Addison Lange made eight saves for the shutout.
• Paige Halder had two goals and an assist and Marissa Ellavsky added two goals as Byron topped Mankato West 4-2.
• Kylie Meyer made 14 saves and three different KoMets scored goals as Kasson-Mantorville improved to 5-0-1 with a 3-2 win over Winona.
• Kate Kopp had 19 saves during Century's 3-0 loss to Lakeville North.
THREE RIVERS CONFERENCE
• Mya Herman scored two goals and Autumn Iverson collected two assists as LaCrescent-Hokah defeated Plainview-Elgin-Millville.
• Kyra Schoenfelder had 26 digs, Elle Lind had nine kills and three blocks and Falon Hepola dished out 35 assists as Cannon Falls beat Minneapolis Southwest 2-1 in the championship match of the North High School Tournament.