Saturday's high school highlights
Top and notable performances.
• Trent Foss had a pair of interceptions, one that he took for a 37 yards score in the fourth quarter as Kenyon-Wanamingo beat Hayfield 28-14.
• Briella Babcock scored twice and Byron beat John Marshall 2-1 in non-conference action.
• Caroline Adamson had Lourdes' lone goal, assisted by Bryn Billmeier, and the Eagles beat No. 6-ranked Breck 1-0. Addison Lange had seven saves in goal for No. 8 Lourdes.
• Payton Phillips had 14 saves for La Crescent and the Lancers tied Lake City 2-2.
• Red Wing moved to 8-4 overall with a 3-1 win over Pine Island/Zumbrota-Mazeppa. Cadence Thorson, Kayla Radtke and Sammi Chandler each had a goal for the Wingers.
• Ayshia Gay had four goals and two assists as Caledonia/Spring Grove buried Schaeffer Academy 11-0.
• John Marshall rode goals from Ethan Mueller and Nywatich Ojulu in beating Byron 2-0. JM won for the fourth time in five games.
• Byran Islas Aguirre and Yonis Muse each scored a goal for Mayo and it beat Farmington 2-1.
• Sam Crosby had a goal and an assist and Wyatt Farrell had two assists in La Crescent’s 3-1 win over Lake City. Aaron Meincke had 12 saves for the Tigers.
BIG NINE CONFERENCE
• Hannah Hanson had 12 kills, 10 assists, 4 digs and 2 aces to pace Mayo to a 3-0 win over Mankato East. Ava Miller had 12 kills; Madison Meyer had 11 kills; and Jadyn Lester had 5 kills 19 assists and 6 digs.
• Madison Burr had 12 kills and 3 blocks for Cannon Falls as it lost 2-1 to Southwest Christian in the championship of the 16-team AA Showcase. Southwest Christian is ranked No. 1 in Class AA, Cannon Falls No. 3.
• Jaci Winchell had 23 assists, 10 digs and 2 blocks in Cannon Falls 2-0 win over Caledonia in the semifinals of the AA Showcase.
• Century won the Austin Invitational, finishing with 667 points. Mayo was second (605), Austin third (377) and John Marshall fourth (368). Mayo’s Natalie Boorjian won two individuals events, the 200 freestyle (1:59.73) and the 500 freestyle (5:21.82). JM’s Julia Ogren won the 100 freestyle (55.10) and the 100 backstroke (1:02.84).
BOYS CROSS COUNTRY
JIM FLIM INVITATIONAL
• John Marshall’s Garrett Eick finished fifth in the 11-team Jim Flim Invitational. Eick was timed in 17:14.