Severe storms expected this evening
Severe thunderstorms will develop this evening, mainly between 7 p.m. and midnight. The main threats will be very large hail and damaging winds. Locally heavy rain is also possible while an isolated tornado cannot be ruled out. Stay weather aware! Have a plan in place NOW in case severe weather threatens your area, including being prepared in case of a power outage.
- Enhanced thunderstorm risk category - high wind and hail most likely today; tornado threat has been reduced (2% threat across area)
- Impacts - high winds will cause damage to trees, power outages, and roof or car window damage (from hail)
- Location - along I-90 corridor (most likely)
- Timing - 7 pm - Midnight (little bit later than earlier prediction). For Rochester, 7 - 8 pm is predicted arrival time
- Rainfall - excessive rain not expected
- Note: Expect rapidly developing storms that will quickly increase in intensity